Deactivation & Decommissioning (D&D) Manager
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Deactivation & Decommissioning (D&D) Manager in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Under limited supervision, performs support job functions as assigned by management for the deactivation and decommissioning of Department of Energy facilities. Typical job responsibilities include assisting and supporting management in developing and implementing processes and programs in support of deactivation, performing project level client interface, project trend analysis, tracking and reporting project performance metrics to senior management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Applies the 5 core functions of Integrated Safety Management to all work planning and execution and actively promotes and takes ownership of the safety program
- Plans, schedules and organizes the work to ensure utilization of employees and compliance with all contract requirements, quality standards and budgetary guidelines
- Ensures staffing levels of supervised personnel are maintained in a manner which allows the effective execution of the assigned scope of work at all times
- Instructs employees on the work methods and performance expectations
- Provides leadership and motivation to subordinate personnel
- Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors
- May be assigned special projects
- Responsible for providing direction, training resources and evaluation of Deactivation personnel
- Assists with the development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed.
- Assists with maintaining positive employee relations
- Responsible for group supervision and administration
- Provide presentations to project senior management
- Budgetary responsibilities
- Prepares and implements approved Deactivation program
- Makes decisions independently as required to address and resolve problems and to plan and coordinate work
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs the activities related to a specific functional area
- Applies diversified knowledge of deactivation and technical principles, practices and methods for a range of assignments requiring knowledge and experience with advanced methods, techniques, and procedures
- Initiates contacts with other deactivation support disciplines as well as projects, design engineers, and outside sources of technical and deactivation related information
- Independently provides comprehensive, skilled, professional deactivation and technical support in addressing unique requirements and problems which have an important impact on deactivation activities
- Initiates and maintains contact with project and engineering management as well as individuals and organizations capable of providing specialized services for unique and unusual requirements
- Responsible for development of training for Deactivation team
- Subject matter expert with knowledge and expertise obtained through progressive and varied experience in deactivation and technical activities
- Provides technical and/or functional support to the Deactivation team
- Performs duties complex to difficult in nature
- Responsible for the safe and compliant performance of all deactivation activities under their purview.
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction, or related field.
- Previous experience as a D&D Manager at a Department of Energy site.
- Must have a Department of Energy Q clearance.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability