Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Engineer
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Nuclear Criticality Safety (NCS) Engineer in Oak Ridge, TN.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Performs tracking and trending of NCS performance
- Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs) when qualified
- Performs peer review of NCSEs, NCSDs, and NCS Calculation documents
- Performs maintenance and supports NCS operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
- Prepares dispositions problem reports
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures
- Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies
- Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts
- Responsible for technical ownership of assigned NCS projects Subject matter expert for multiple assigned NCS projects Responsible for training preparation and facilitation
- Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy
- Plans, oversees, assigns resources and reports progress of assigned NCS projects
- Responsible for equipment design and development, testing, review, checking and commenting on designs/drawings/data preparation, engineering studies and report preparation of subordinate personnel
- Develops excavation and penetration permit evaluations for the project/site
- Lead role for projects as assigned
- Partners with senior NCS Engineers in completing assigned engineering tasks and job functions
- Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
- Interface with other groups inside and outside the group and management
- Serves as a resource for lower level positions
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
- Performs a variety of tasks complex to difficult in nature
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- BS degree in Nuclear Engineering and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must have an Active Department of Energy Q clearance.
- Expert understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices
- Expert knowledge of applicable codes and standards, as well as project procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of multiple engineering disciplines
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability