Survey Team Lead
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Survey Team Lead in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Provide team leadership for the land and aerial survey team by organizing, coordinating, and participating in land and aerial surveys. Ensure the collection of quality land and aerial survey data; Ensure data quality objectives for land and aerial survey data collection are being achieved by both subcontractors and the land and aerial survey team members.
- Organize, coordinate, and participate in land survey field activities.
- Assist with the organization, coordination of aerial surveys conducted by subcontracted UAS service providers
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Support the preparation of survey data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Establish control points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Analyze survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey statements of work.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Assist with the development of technical criteria for survey methods and procedures.
(A) Associates degree (or higher degree) in land surveying; or civil engineering with surveying option/emphasis. The civil engineering major must have included at least 6 hours of surveying and 6 additional semester hours in any combination of the following: surveying, photogrammetry, geodetic surveying, geodesy, route surveying, remote sensing, cartography, survey astronomy, land information systems, computer-aided mapping, and survey analysis and adjustments.
(B) Combination of Education and Experience: Courses equivalent to a major in land surveying or civil engineering as described in Paragraph A, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and operation of survey grade GPS/GNSS, Total Station and Digital Level systems.
- Experience processing and post processing field survey data with Trimble Business Center or equivalent.
- Experience in operation of Trimble GPS/GNSS, Total Station and Digital Level or equivalent systems.
- Experience and knowledge in application of multiple Datums, Geoids, Projections models and transformations to other models.
- Experience in use of AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability