Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a System Administrator in Morgantown, WV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Acquire, configure and maintain development, test and production servers. Support development, test and production servers including after-hours support and monitoring server usage and up-time.
- Provide technical and procedural direction to the company for the actual implementation and maintenance of active directory, group policy, and network servers.
- Interface with internal users, development personnel and other technical staff to provide support to the user base.
- Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with internal staff as required. Identify process improvement opportunities achievable through the optimum use of the servers.
- Build and maintain material describing activity levels and possible next steps required for each server.
- Act as liaison for internal and external communications directly with departments as required.
- Provide regular status reports and gather requirements from departments and provide input into the infrastructure products that are bought or built.
- Build and maintain the servers required for development work, internal testing, customer testing and production environments.
- Maintain file version consistency across all development servers.
- Maintain access privileges and account groups as directed by development team.
- Design, implement and maintain active directory and group policy to support the LM environment.
- Collaborate with all data centers to provide technical direction on network topologies, server configurations, hardware/software deployments, firewall configurations and other administrative tasks related to the staging and maintenance of company development, testing and production servers.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades and new configurations. Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures. Facilitate design sessions and architectural reviews. Participate in technical advisory roles, as required. Mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment.
- Interact with customers at the technical level, as required.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, computer technology, MIS, systems engineering (or related area).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a System Administrator.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- Strong record of completed projects across various computing platforms.
- Functional knowledge of network topologies
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of SAN/Network Storage.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Servers, WSUS, Active Directory and Group Policy management and design.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability